Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Crafting for a Family Get-Together

This weekend we are having a family get-together. My niece from Virginia is coming out with her husband and children for a few days. Her husband has a conference here. I enjoy doing something "crafty" for these get-togethers. I decided to make "sour cream" shape containers with candy and decorated water bottles this time.

Yesterday I was coughing my head off so I sent Katy to Michaels for some scrapbook paper for this project.
Here are the general directions for making these containers. This is a VERY forgiving project. You can adjust the size if you like. Also, if you make a mistake along the way, (and I did on atleast one!) you can still make it look ok.



You can do these without the crimping but it really does add to the look of the project.




Kind of fun how a little paper and tape can add to a party!









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Just in time for my daughter's birthday next week! (I am coughing too! Bad head cold right now...)

You should link up this project to a DIY party (there's one every day) it would drive more people to your blog!

See my DIY party links page to hook up! Feel better, friend!

Jamie said...

So cute. I love your crafts! How are the teddy bears coming?

Jen Newsham said...

Hey! Stop by my blog today when you have a chance, because I have something for you.

Karen said...

Wow, Marlene! What a great idea. We're having our family reunion this Sunday, and I'm going to do the water bottle labels for sure! We're assigned to bring "beverages", so it should be fun to replace the beer labels with something else....oh, my imagination is going wild, now ;)Thanks for the quick and easy tute!