Thursday, October 14, 2010

Carrot Cake

Carrot cake is a favorite family recipe. I'm not a big cake eater but IF I'm going to have cake, this is the one I want! The ingredients are amazingly simple for how yummy it is!
You need to grate your carrots. I have a Salad Shooter that I use for this. Love that little machine! It's small so it's easy to store and the parts go in the dishwasher!

Mix up a whole lotta eggs, sugar and oil to make it REALLY fattening!


Use the beater and mix them until they look creamy.

Stir in the dry ingredients: Flour, Baking Soda, Cinnamon and Salt.


Fold in the carrots. Now is where I have to confess that I got kind of flaky about my picture taking at this point. No pictures of putting them in the muffin tins and no pictures of the final product.
I love these muffin papers. Found them at the grocery store. There are a number of designs and they are lined with foil so they the cupcake papers still look pretty after you bake them. Anotherwords, the cake doesn't soak through when baking.

Cream cheese frosting....Mmmm.....SO yummy and so few ingredients! Butter, Cream Cheese, Powdered Sugar and Vanilla. Just mix it all up!
Again....sorry about not having any pictures of the final product! Here's the recipe:
Carrot Cake
2 cups of sugar
1-1/2 cups oil
4 eggs
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3 cups raw shredded carrots
1/2 cup nuts (optional-I don't usually add these)
Beat sugar and oil; add eggs, cream well. Add flour soda, salt, cinnamon. Fold in carrots and nuts. Pour in a greased and floured pan and bake around 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Do test to see if it is done.
Frosting:
1-8oz. package cream cheese (room temperature)
1 stick margarine or butter (room temperature)
1 box powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
Enjoy!




Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

katlupe said...

I really wanted to see the final product.....I bet they really looked good.

Anonymous said...

Carrot cake is like a dying art. You just don't see it made too often. The last time I made carrot cake was for my oldest when she was in kindergarten (she's almost 13 now!)

I made it with a cream cheese frosting and then I dyed some green and orange to "make" carrots on top as a decoration! Each piece had it's own "carrot" on it! Yum-o!

The Zany Housewife said...

I think I now know what I'm going to do with the plethora of carrots in my fridge...

Unknown said...

MMMMmmmm! I love me some carrot cake! I must make NOW!

Take care,

Lisa

Lori said...

Ummm....Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, that sounds delicious. I copied the recipe, hopefully my little girl and I will get to some baking this weekend. Thanks for sharing.