Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Family Reunion

This weekend was the White/Hipp Family Reunion.  There was a lot of food, fun and silliness! Our first event was on Friday night.  We had a picnic in the park.  There was a blues band playing at the park that night.
Brother and Sisters!
Mark, Marlene and Karen
Quilts were used as backdrops for everything.  This is one that my late grandma made.  As you can see, we can never stay serious.  :)

Second event was a cookout at another park.  We grilled hot dogs and hamburgers at this one. 

Love this veggie idea!
 Final event was an afternoon to look at family heirlooms and pictures.  The day ended with a banquet and a time of sharing stories.




 My mom made this quilt.  We used it as a backdrop for family pictures.

We can NEVER stay serious!
My aunt was a workhorse!  Fran was the main planner for this family reunion.  Lots of work!  Thanks Fran!  :)
Uncle Ray's t-shirt pretty much sums up the weekend!

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Awesome pics Marlene! Love the hoola-hooping one.

And that shirt! Too funny, but true for all of us! :)

Marisa and Brittany said...

I'm your newest following from Blog Frog. Thanks for commenting on my post... coffee is definitely a favorite way to jump start the day for many people. I have to say for me, coffee is just not my cup of tea...hehe! Tea is my hot drink of choice (I think I'm addicted:)

I love your blog! It's so warm and cozy (the pics are wonderful to ogle). It appears you have a rich and full life.

Stop by Me, You, and Creamed Corn if you so incline, we would love to have you join us!

Marisa
http://www.meyouandcreamedcorn.com/

carol l mckenna said...

Looks like a great time ~ great pics and love your blog ~ ^_^ ~ Carol (artmusedog)

Paula said...

Lady Marlene, it is wonderful that you have such a great time! Love that you can be all silly and goofy with your family members. Something to be truly grateful for! Much love to you.

Sunny said...

Looks like a good time was had by all.