Wednesday, August 25, 2010

If you were a crayon, what color would you be?

This weeks "Tell The Truth Thursday", hosted by the Redheaded Riter, is about Crayons. What color would I be?

Tell The Truth Thursday


This is an easy question for me because of a gift my girls got when they were very young.


My sister, Karen is a food broker. She is a "middle man" between the grocery stores and the companies that make the products. When the girls were young, she was a representative for the Crayola Company. That made her an especially fun auntie when it came to gift giving!


One year the girls each got a really cool wooden box with a blue crayon in it.



This crayon was personalized!


"You're My True Blue Hero"
"Katy Barber"
"From Auntie Karen"
This is a loooooooong story to tell you why I would chose to be a True Blue Crayon! :-)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Unplanned Cooking said...

Neat gift idea. Captures childhood perfectedly.

Summer Ross said...

What a great gift! I've never seen one personalized! Blue is an amazing color.

Marlene said...

I have looked all over the Crayola website and all over the internet looking for a way to order these! It's like they never existed!

One year, at church for our preschool teacher's birthdays, I created sets of personalized crayons. One of these days I'll print a set and post it so you can see. :)

Eliz Frank said...

How perfect and a great addition to the crayon choice! I chose burnt orange for the exercise ... I am following you and catching up with visiting everyone for our TTTT with RedRiter
Do follow back.
Happy Friday
Elizabeth