Thursday, March 10, 2011

What was I thinking?????

I LOVE reading blogs!
I especially love finding new ideas for crafty things!
I also enjoy planning events.

Right now I'm working on a Senior Appreciation Sunday at church.  We will serve lunch to our senior adults March 20th.  Sunday events are a challenge because we can't do any of the set up until Sunday School is over at 10:30.  We expect to serve about 125 people around noon.  This year we will cook hamburgers on the grill.  A fairly easy menu with lots of prep work being done ahead. 

I found the cutest idea for dessert!  Bakerella made hamburger cupcakes and sugar cookie french fries! She even provides a pdf of the packaging! 

So much cuteness!
What was I thinking?
125 of these?
Oh my!
Guess I better get busy.....


7 comments:

Suzanne said...

Wow, that's a huge undertaking Marlene! That's why I visit those baking sites on a rare occasion, otherwise I'd want to bake like crazy! ;)

The Zany Housewife said...

Time to put your kids and husband to work! Assembly line in the kitchen! Good luck, I'm sure you'll knock it out of the park.

Janie Fox said...

Wow those are going to be alot of work. You will be everyone's hero! Very cute!!

my3littlebirds said...

Good luck! Thanks for visiting my3littlebirds this morning. Your tips were really helpful...we'll see how the drive home goes tomorrow!

laughwithusblog said...

They are super cute!

Paula & Skip said...

Cute idea! And you are so very generous and kind. Please be kind to yourself to!

Karen said...

Oh my, Indeed! But such a cute idea. My daughter just LOVES Bakerella, too. She's working hard on her post grad degree, but when she has time, she always checks out Bakerella...I get such a kick out of this side of her. Good luch with your Senior Day, Marlene